Manny Santos has meant something to me since I was literally like 12 years old and it is because I have always had such sympathy and care for her. To me she is a product of constantly being treated as a sex object when all she has ever wanted is love? I know Manny isn't perfect, and I hate a home wrecker as much as the next person. However I feel like she truly wasn't a home wrecker, she was used.
When Manny was in that garage with Craig was heavily implying that it was over between him and Ashley. While Manny was also making it very clear that she was envious of the fact that Craig treated Ashley as a person he loved, not just as a person he found hot like her ex boyfriend had did to her. She was in the mindset that if she gave Craig something he wanted (aka sex) he would treat her like how he treated Ashley. Give her flowers, make her a song the whole nine yards. So she gave that man her virginty and he proceeded to get her pregnant. I cannot comprehend how horrible that must've felt. He used her for gratification and continued to promise to her that he would leave Ashley. But it never happened until Ashley found out herself. And frankly Ashley was not nearly as mad at Craig then Manny, she exposed her for being pregnant and slut shamed her for months after. Manny was younger then Craig, and a virgin before him and she was now labeled as something that stained the rest of her time at Degrassi.
I will forever defend Manny, she is a sweet girl who was brought up with a strict father who only loved her until she started to grow up. Which is something I personally relate to. I think Manny's heart has always been in the right place but she didn't learn for a long time that lust and love aren't equivalent and giving someone the most private parts of yourself doesn't mean they will suddenly treat you right.
Manny Santos is my kin forever and always.

No comments:
Post a Comment