Thursday, August 27, 2026

Everything is Reactionary

Life has recently felt like a consistent challenge to not react. Whether I am simply scrolling on my phone, conversing with others, or even just trying to get by in a day to day life it sometimes just feels like a battle. I often find myself easily irritable at things, quick to comment on a post, quick to feel overwhelmed, quick to contemplate replying to obvious nonsense. I try my best not to let things get to me, I will often delete a comment seconds after posting it, or deciding to walk away from conversations that feel like nothing but a trap to upset me. 

But the question just always bugs me of why? Why do people feel the need to be condescending, why do people defend the most heinous acts, why does everyone care so little? And more importantly how are you as a person not supposed to let that get to you? 

I do not have answer for this, and maybe there simply isn't one. Maybe you are meant to just take it day by day and hope for the best. Maybe it is different for each individual and we just all have to learn what works best for us. One day I hope to look back on this and say I've learned how to let me be the master of my own emotions. But until then,

hope for the best.

5 comments:

  1. i think already you’re making great progress and an answer to your question.

    in my mind i view it as your initial reaction is how you were raised, and your second reaction after that is how you’ve matured or changed from that and who you are now. some people haven’t hit that stage unfortunately but i do have hope it will come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true especially during this eclipse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ive been seeing so many videos about this and its never really applied to me before but this eclipse has genuinely been an exercise in self growth😭

      Delete

˖᯽ ݁˖· ─

​And the day that people realize that Niall would’ve out sang Harry in one direction if he got more solos is the day we heal as a society!!